From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 24 2012 - 12:03:04 CDT

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Jim Kress <jimkress_58_at_kressworks.org> wrote:
> I have a 7500 frame gromacs trajectory.  I wish to use VMD to make a movie
> of its time evolution.  I also wish to use the Trajectory smoothing window
> size option in VMD to make the movie less frenetic appearing.
>

> I have tried setting the trajectory smoothing window size to 10, since it
> gives me a nice, smooth trajectory visualization.  However, when I use the
> Movie Maker extension/ plugin to make a movie of this smoother playback of
> the trajectory, it seems to ignore the smoothing.

there is nothing in the movie maker script (it is surprisingly
simple at its core) that would interfere with the smoothing
settings that you have done for your representation.

also from how trajectory smoothing is implemented, it is
extremely difficult to imagine how that should not work.
there has to be some inconsistency on your side
that results in VMD not doing what you expect because
you actually didn't do it, but thought it was done or
something similar.

    axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer