From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2012 - 15:51:16 CDT

Hi,
  There are no windows builds of the HOOMD plugin presently. I haven't
looked at what it would take to fix this, it might be easy, or it might
be problematic. The key issue is that the HOOMD plugin depends on some
other XML parsing libraries, and they too have to be compiled and
tested under Windows.

In the short-term your best bet is to run VMD under Linux or MacOS X
until the HOOMD plugin is available for the Windows versions of VMD.