From: Engelman, Joshua (joshengelman_at_vistamarschool.org)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2012 - 15:35:52 CDT

I'm new to VMD and molecular dynamics in general, and generated some
simulations using HOOMD-Blue <http://codeblue.umich.edu/hoomd-blue>. It
outputs a .xml hoomd-file and .dcd, which I've been able to successfully
import on a macintosh. However, working from a PC with the same version of
VMD (32 bit, 1.9.1), VMD cannot recognize or import the filetype, despite
being officially supported since 1.8.7. There is currently no port
of Kohlmeyer's plugin for Windows, as far as I know. Is there any way to
fix this? I have tried both OpenGL and CUDA versions, on a machine that
supports both, and neither works. Is there a way around this?

Joshua E.
University of Michigan