From: Albert (mailmd2011_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2012 - 14:17:08 CDT

Hi Axel:

   thank you very much for kind comments.

   I've also installed vmd-1.8.7 into my computer and extract related
python library from VMD website

<http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/pythonlib/>

  into /soft/vmd-1.8.7/lib_LINUXAMD64

then I add the following into my .cshrc and source it

setenv PYTHONENV /soft/vmd-1.8.7/lib_LINUXAMD64

after that I run vmd in my linux terminal and type

>vmd gopython

the problem is still there:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
   File "/soft/vmd-1.8.7/lib/vmd/scripts/python/Tkinter.py", line 59, in
<module>
     import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured
for Tk
ImportError: No module named _tkinter

thank you very much