From: FyD (fyd_at_q4md-forcefieldtools.org)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2012 - 12:10:27 CST

Francesco,

In your P6608-leap_fixed2.ff, replace:
        { "ZN" "Zn" "sp3" }
by
        { "Zn" "Zn" "sp3" }

Indeed, your atom type is Zn & not ZN...
This allows removing many error messages in the X-terminal (not in LEaP)

then, create prmtop/prmcrd files with or without your three bonds:

PROT = loadpdb prot_renumb_fixed.pdb
# Without bond
saveamberparm PROT PROT1.top PROT1.crd

bond PROT.253.CA PROT.365.C30
bond PROT.166.CA PROT.365.C15
bond PROT.164.CA PROT.365.C5
# With bond
saveamberparm PROT PROT2.top PROT2.crd

diff PROT1.crd PROT2.crd
-> same files: OK
diff PROT1.top PROT2.top
-> different files: OK

finally load each prmtop/prmcrd files as a single molecule in VMD;
-> display only the MOL, ACT and BKB residues...

- when the 3 bonds are _present_ in the prmtop file, they are indeed
displayed as they should be.
- when the 3 bonds are _absent_ in the prmtop file, they are NOT
displayed as they should be.

So all is fine in the best of the world ;-)

regards, Francois