From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 15 2012 - 10:08:38 CST

Hi,
  It appears from these startup messages that you're using VMD 1.9.1 beta 1,
and not the final release. To start out with I would suggest that you begin
by deleting this installation, download the official VMD 1.9.1 release, and
install it. It is possible that your problem below was simply caused by
file permissions. I assume you installed VMD as root and are running it
as a regular user, correct? Can you verify whether the installed
directories are readable by a non-root user?