From: Salvatore Mario Cosseddu (S.M.Cosseddu_at_warwick.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Feb 09 2012 - 13:42:10 CST

Source is a tcl command.
http://www.astro.princeton.edu/~rhl/Tcl-Tk_docs/tcl/source.n.html

it will /source/ commands from a file. So the sourced file must contains
commands that vmd recognizes.

try to source this file
--------------------
puts "puts is a command from standard tcl library"

mol pdbload 1jg5
puts "mol is a command from vmd, I've no idea what 1jg[expr {1+2*2}] is
but it looks great!"
puts "also expr is part of the standard tcl library, cool!"

file containing a set of instructions (commands) are called scripts. A
pdb file is not a script is an input file. "mol" is a command that, with
the argument "new", load the molecule in vmd.

Read the section of tcl scripting and google for learn a basic of tcl
scripting

--
Salvatore Cosseddu
PhD student