From: MARK PLUMMER (mplummer65_at_msn.com)
Date: Thu Feb 09 2012 - 09:53:36 CST

I am a new user of VMD and am having a problem with the Tk "source" command
To start with, I set the Command Prompt to the directory by using -- cd vmd\vmd-tutorial-file
I then use the dir command to be sure I have the needed file in this directory -- e.g. 1ubq.pdb
This file is listed in the cd vmd\vmd-tutorial-file directory
I then type into the Tk Console "source 1ubq.pdb"
I get the error message "couldn't read file "1ubq.pdb": no such file or directory
I then tried typing into the Tk Console "source 1ubq" and get the same error message.

All of this is confusing since all other Tk commands in the VMD tutorial work as described except in one case. When I used the TK command "mol new 1ubq.pdb", this file also could not be found. Then I used "mol new 1ubq" and the ubq molecule appeared in the Open Display window.

Thanks for your help!!!!

MPr&d, LLC

By Mark A. Plummer, Manager
mplummer65_at_msn.com