From: Toni Giorgino (toni.giorgino_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 09 2012 - 05:30:22 CST

Dear VMD users,

I believe Paul means the plugin at
http://multiscalelab.org/utilities/DensityProfileTool . As Alex said, there
is no need to compile VMD or the plugin. Steps 1-3 he mentioned ought to be
sufficient to place the plugin in the "extensions->analysis" menu.

I'm following up privately with Paul - if anybody else is having the same
problem, please feel free to ask.

Best wishes for a new year 2012,

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 5:23 PM, Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 8:11 AM, subrata paul <paul.subrata34_at_gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Dear Sir,
> >
> > I am trying to install vmd-density profile tool
>
> what density profile tool from where?
> since you are installing it, i assume this is not
> a canonical VMD plugin.
>

> > 1. untar the file vmd-density.tar.gz
> > 2. copied the vmd-density directory to /VMD/vmd-1.9/plugins/noarch/tcl/
> > 3. density_profile_init.tcl copied to VMD/vmd-1.9/scripts/init.d
> > 4.and try to compile vmd and extension/analysis/density-profile....but
>
> if you install a (Tcl) plugin, there is no need to compile VMD.
>
> > density profileis not working
> >
> > How to solve the problem?
>
> have you contacted the author of the plugin.
> since this is not a canonical VMD plugin,
> the author would be the best person to know
> how to make it work.
>
> > is there any other way to do this?
>
> hmm... perhaps you can sacrifice a goat and
> try to read the instructions in its intestines? ;-)
>
> axel.
>

> > with best regard
> > subrata paul
> > IIT guwahati.
>

> --
> Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer
> akohlmey_at_gmail.com http://goo.gl/1wk0
>
> College of Science and Technology

Toni Giorgino, PhD - toni.giorgino_at_gmail.com - fax +39 0382 1850209
Universitat Pompeu Fabra - Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB)
Post-doctoral research fellow - Computational Biochemistry and Biophysics
Lab
C/ Doctor Aiguader 88, 08003 Barcelona, Spain