From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 07 2012 - 10:23:44 CST

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 8:11 AM, subrata paul <paul.subrata34_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I am trying to install vmd-density profile tool

what density profile tool from where?
since you are installing it, i assume this is not
a canonical VMD plugin.

> 1. untar the file vmd-density.tar.gz
> 2. copied the vmd-density directory to /VMD/vmd-1.9/plugins/noarch/tcl/
> 3. density_profile_init.tcl copied to VMD/vmd-1.9/scripts/init.d
> 4.and try to compile vmd and extension/analysis/density-profile....but

if you install a (Tcl) plugin, there is no need to compile VMD.

> density profileis not working
>
> How to solve the problem?

have you contacted the author of the plugin.
since this is not a canonical VMD plugin,
the author would be the best person to know
how to make it work.

> is there any other way to do this?

hmm... perhaps you can sacrifice a goat and
try to read the instructions in its intestines? ;-)

axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer
College of Science and Technology