From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 19 2011 - 17:29:30 CST

Hi,
  VMD doesn't have a plugin for reading Autodock PDBQT files,
but judging from the file format description here, it probably wouldn't
be too difficult to make a modified version of the VMD PDB plugin that
reads them:
  http://autodock.scripps.edu/faqs-help/faq/what-is-the-format-of-a-pdbqt-file

At the very least, you could use grep to remove the "ROOT" and "ENDROOT" lines
and then tell VMD to read it as a PDB file and see if that works.