From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 19 2011 - 17:26:39 CST

Hi,
  To me this sounds like it might be an issue with one of the C runtime libraries
installed on your machine causing trouble for VMD. I have had another VMD user
run into a similar problem a year or so ago, but I have never experienced this myself
up to this point. Do you encounter any problem loading a PDB file or similar?
What version of Windows are you running? Is this with the CUDA-enabled version
of VMD for Windows, or the non-CUDA version?