From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 29 2011 - 10:25:22 CST

Hi,
  Can you use the beta or occupancy fields to create a selection for Gromacs?
This is how NAMD reads PDB files to identify which subset of atoms are
selected. In that case, one just sets the beta/occupancy fields in VMD,
writes a new PDB file, and then NAMD/Gromacs/other tool reads the PDB file
and interprets those fields to determine which atoms are selected.