From: srinivasa murthy (srim729_at_yahoo.co.in)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 00:18:41 CDT

Sorry john,
          I had problems with my yahoo account.
Yes, i indeed, tried to run the script from vmd
console
(I typed the commands in vmd console)..and ended up
with same error
  By the way, when i ran script in vmd console(my
script file is bub.tcl)

vmd > source bub.tcl
wrong # args: should be "set varName ?newValue?"

but

vmd > source
wrong # args: should be "source fileName"

i tried the run script in vmd text mode.

[gsmurthy_at_ncsc0 vmd-1.8.1]$ ./vmd -dispdev text -e
bub.tcl
Info) VMD for LINUX, version 1.8.1 (June 15, 2003)
Info) http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
Info) Email questions and bug reports to
vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Info) Please include this reference in published work
using VMD:
Info) Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K.,
`VMD - Visual
Info) Molecular Dynamics', J. Molec. Graphics 1996,
14.1, 33-38.
Info)
Info) Multithreading available, 4 CPUs detected.
1.3.2
wrong # args: should be "set varName ?newValue?"
wrong # args: should be "set varName ?newValue?"
can't read "r2": no such variable
can't read "wat2delete": no such variable
Info: writing psf file bubble.psf
total of 0 atoms
total of 0 bonds
total of 0 angles
total of 0 dihedrals
total of 0 impropers
Info: psf file complete.
Info: writing pdb file bubble.pdb
Info: pdb file complete.

But i have had other tcl scripts running in either of
above modes...I guess my script has to be modified.

regards
srinivasa

              ----x----