From: Paweł Kędzierski (pawel.kedzierski_at_pwr.wroc.pl)
Date: Wed Sep 28 2011 - 08:17:35 CDT

The error cited indicates that exceeded is the capacity of a 16bit
integer variable used to index the /names/ of atoms.
Do you really need unique atom names for such a large system? It is
usually sufficient that the names are unique within residues.
If you can resign on unique atom names, then renaming them may be a much
simpler solution than recompilation of VMD, which is not a trivial task.
Greetings,
Pawel Kedzierski