From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 16 2011 - 10:16:56 CDT

Hi,
  Have you looked at the new ViewChangeRender plugin?
It is located in the Extensions|Visualization|ViewChangeRender menu item.
ViewChangeRender lets you record a series of camera positions, and then
build movies using them. Rather than record every single camera draw,
this plugin records "keyframe" views, and interpolates between
their positions, with user-defined speeds, etc. You may find that plugin
far easier to use than just simply recording the raw sequence of viewing
orientations obtained from the SpaceNavigator. The main issue with just
recording the raw sequence of views is that they will play at different
speeds on different machines, and you'll be recording every little twitch
of the SpaceNavigator, which can sometimes give you a "home movie" look
that's a bit shaky compared with using the approach that ViewChangeRender
uses. Try ViewChangeRender (using the SpaceNavigator to fly around of
course) and see if it does what you need. If you still want to record
the raw views on-the-fly, I can point you at existing scripts you can use
to help you get started writing your own scripts to do this.