From: Michael Doig (m.doig_at_sms.ed.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Aug 16 2011 - 06:16:42 CDT

I have a Spaceball navigator mouse that I use with VMD.

What I would like to do is to record the "camera position" or
"viewpoints" in real time, as I am playing a trajectory file, and moving
around it and scaling it using the 3D mouse. I would then like to use
these viewpoints when rendering a movie of the trajectory.

I know you can output the Spaceball positions in the console as
described here
(http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/minitutorials/spaceball/), but if I
do that the visualization window does not update, so this is no good as
I cannot see how I am moving the camera position.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.