From: maria goranovic (mariagoranovic_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 08 2011 - 09:56:14 CDT

Hi Axel

Thank you for the help. However, I am not much of an expert in tcl or vmd
scripting and am learning. Hopefully I can please get some help?

One difference between your setup and mine seems to be that in your setup
all the data over frames which you are trying to import is lying in one
file, and you read the file one at a time?

So, here: each line is being read from zundel.dip and assigned to the
dipdata($i) array.

for {set i 0} {$i < $n} {incr i} {
# advance selection to the current frame and update.
$sel frame $n
$sel update
set dipdata($i) [list [center_of_mass $sel] [gets $dip]]
}
close $dip

However, the data I need to read in each frame is not one line, but an
entire file.

Secondly, I did not really understand what seems to be the key command:

trace variable vmd_frame(0) w do_dipdraw

This means that the command do_dipdraw will be executed if vmd_frame(0) is
executed? what is the w for? what is vmd_frame(0) ?

Thank you again,

Maria