From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 08 2011 - 10:41:12 CDT

Vlad,
  Here's the web page where NVIDIA lists the Quadro GPUs that
are supporting quad-buffered stereo on Linux:
  http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro_pro_graphics_boards_linux.html
The Quadro 1800 is not listed on the Linux page, so I doubt it is supported.

If you were running Windows, apparently the Quadro FX 1800 is supported
on the Windows platform using the USB-based emitter:
  http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro_pro_graphics_boards.html

I don't fully understand why there are Quadro boards that aren't
supported for stereo on Linux, as I would have expected that the
driver code for the USB emitters should be easy to support, but there
must be some catch that makes this problematic. You'll not that on the
list of USB-based Quadro boards under Windows that NVIDIA warns of
"occasional flickering of the glasses may occur", which probably
indicates USB latencies can cause problems there.