From: Angelo Rossi (angelo.raymond.rossi_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 07 2011 - 11:26:06 CDT

Hello:

I am running a version of Debian Linux:

*rossiar_at_siduxbox ~/ $ uname
-a

Linux siduxbox 2.6.39-1.slh.3-aptosid-686 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jun 6 23:35:27
UTC 2011 i686 GNU/Linux
*
which is the result of a recent update to the operating system.

After the update, vmd does not start:

*rossiar_at_siduxbox ~/ $ vmd
rlwrap: No match. * *

*I understand it is somehow related to the rlwrap command, but it has proved
difficult to track down.

When debug mode is used (*VMDRUNDEBUGGER=1*) in the vmd script, vmd works
fine.

rlwrap is installed:

*rossiar_at_siduxbox ~/ $ which
rlwrap

/usr/bin/rlwrap *

and so is readline and csh.

It's interesting that when something like vmd (I depend on and use it every
day.) become inaccessible how panic sets in. Mommy, I want vmd, and I want
it now.

If you can provide guidance on what to change, I would really appreciate
this.

Kind regards,

Angelo