From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu May 12 2011 - 15:58:12 CDT

Hi,
  No, as you can see, the makefile for catdcd is also using the same
variables:
     ${CXX} ${CXXFLAGS} ${CATDCDOBJS} -o ${ARCHDIR}/catdcd -L${COMPILEDIR}/lib_${ARCH}/molfile -lmolfile_plugin ${TCLLIB} ${TCLLDFLAGS} ${NETCDFLIB} ${NETCDFLDFLAGS} -lm

Did you make sure to remove the definition of NETCDFLDFLAGS from
your Make-arch file?

Cheers,
  John