From: Cosseddu, Salvatore (S.M.Cosseddu_at_warwick.ac.uk)
Date: Thu May 12 2011 - 15:12:32 CDT

Sorry, is it possible that there's a small bug in some vmd 1.9 plugin Makefiles?

According to http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/doxygen/compiling.html and to the general Makefile, if NETCDFLIB and NETCDFINC are not declared, vmd could be compiled without netcdf. But catdcd requires the library to be linked to compile as you can see from this error. The compilation aborts.

#$ make LINUXAMD64 TCLINC=$TCLINC TCLLIB=$TCLLIB
> src/sgsmooth.C: In function ‘float_vect lsqr_fprime(const float_vect&, int)’:
> src/sgsmooth.C:545: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
> src/sgsmooth.C: In function ‘float_vect sg_derivative(const float_vect&, int, int, double)’:
> src/sgsmooth.C:567: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
> src/sgsmooth.C:600: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lnetcdf
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [../compile/lib_LINUXAMD64/bin/catdcd4.0/catdcd] Errore 1
> make[1]: *** [bins] Errore 1
> make: *** [LINUXAMD64] Errore 2

Best regards
Salvatore Cosseddu

Salvatore Cosseddu
Centre for Scientific Computing and
School of Engineering
University of Warwick
Coventry CV4 7AL
United Kingdom

email: S.M.Cosseddu_at_warwick.ac.uk

Ps. I'm sorry if it is a repost but I received a failure notice.