From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 17 2011 - 14:02:14 CDT

Hi,
  The mainstream VMD callbacks of interest to most users are documented here:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/vmd-1.9/ug/node155.html#8088

The mouse position callback variable is:
  vmd_mouse_pos

The list of values set therein is:
  x y button

Where x/y are screen position, and button is an integer containing
1/0 bits for the on/off state of each button.

The experimental callbacks for 6DOF position data for the
SpaceNavigator/Spaceball type devices write to the variable:
  vmd_spaceball

The list of values that are set therein is:
  tx ty tz rx ry rz button

The "t" values are translations, "r" are rotations, and button is
an integer word containing the state of up to 31 buttons encoded
as 1/0 bits (most devices only have a few).

Cheers,
  John