From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 12 2010 - 18:20:52 CDT

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 5:58 AM, Cun Zhang <apzc2529_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> It is a cvs version.  1.88.a7(August 9,2010)

hmmm... it looks like you compiled recently,
but didn't update the sources and didn't
rerun configure...

in any case, i think i tracked down the origin of the problem.
the "problem" is in the lammps trajectory reader. it was implemented
to sort the atom indices as i claimed, but that would only work
for systems where the atom indices are consecutive and start
from 1, so i added a hashtable to make sure that the order of
atoms in multiple frames was restored when reading. yet, that
code broke when sorting atoms by their id and since it was
briefly before the release of 1.8.7, the sorting was disabled.

i have looked at the code again today and found a way to restore
the sorting by atom index that does not break the hash table.

the code to build the plugin (only) is now uploaded at:
https://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/software/lammps-icms/vmd-lammpsplugin-20100812.tar.gz?attredirects=0&d=1

i will update the VMD cvs code next so that the updated
version should be in the public cvs by tomorrow morning
(US time).

please give it a try and let me know if it fixes your problems.

thanks,
    axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer    akohlmey_at_gmail.com
http://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/