From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2010 - 00:03:51 CDT

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 4:00 PM, John Stone <johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu> wrote:

> Shawn,

john,

>  What version of VRPN are you running?  Are you running the stock
> VMD binaries we provide, or your own VMD compile?  I ask because our

people have been able to use the stock version 1.8.7 VMD versions
with the modified VRPN code that includes support for the novint falcon.

> stock VMD builds might be linked against a much older version of

the protocol version in VMD is older, 4.06 vs. 4.26 IIRC, but that
doesn't seem to make a difference. the falcon tracker doesn't use
anything new or fancy and i seriously doubt that VRPN has changed
the protocol there.

cheers,
    axel.