From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 22 2010 - 20:16:06 CDT

Hi Emily,
autopsf is not designed to work with coarse grained structures, and
requires some extra care. You cannot tell autopsf to look for protein in
these structures, because CG proteins don't have the usual naming
pattern used to find them. Also, you need to get rid of or change any
terminal patches to match things available in the CG topology file. It
may be easier to manually write a psfgen input for your case, although
if you tell autopsf to work on "everything" and properly modify the
terminal patches things should work ok. Is there anything wrong with the
structure that you get when you check "everything"?

The only unexpected part is vmd crashing occasionally, which definitely
should not happen. Are you able to come up with a sequence of steps that
reproducibly causes the crash?

Best,
Peter