From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2010 - 10:11:43 CDT

Hi
  Joseph's suggestion is the easiest method if you want to see all of the
timesteps at once. If the goal is to animate them but have them colored
by time, then you could use an atom selection script to set one of user
fields according to your preferred color, and then color by user.
Yet another option would be to color by timestep, and redefine the active
color scale, but that's a little unwieldy since you don't have as precise
control there.