From: Nicholas Musolino (musolino_at_mit.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 08 2010 - 17:04:40 CDT

Dear Mr. Stone,

Thanks very much for your quick answer. I'll look into using xargs to work around the problems I'm experiencing.

Great to hear that DCD appending may come to future versions of VMD. My guess is that this could be useful to many users, especially once a person surmounts the VMD learning curve and starts scripting -- it's only natural to want to visualize what one is doing for debugging, or to save VMD analysis "runs" for recordkeeping purposes or for future analysis.

Thanks very much once again!

Nicholas

For the record, if anyone is interested in using xargs as suggested in the e-mail below, see this page:
http://www.mail-archive.com/uug-list@uug.byu.edu/msg19010.html

Nicholas Musolino
Ph.D. candidate, Department of Chemical Engineering, MIT
musolino_at_mit.edu | 617-253-6675 | Room E19-528