From: Bjoern Olausson (namdlist_at_googlemail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2010 - 08:05:07 CDT

On Wednesday 07 April 2010 13:08:23 Axel Kohlmeyer wrote:
> hi bjoern,
>
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 4:33 AM, Bjoern Olausson <namdlist_at_googlemail.com>
wrote:
> > Hi VMD-Users,
> >
> > I misused the beta factor to represent the number of contacts two
> > selections have over the simulation time.
> >
> > Instead of using a gradient which extends over three colors I would
> > rather like one, which just uses a gradient over one color (light red to
> > dark red for example).
> >
> > Is there a way to change the ColorScale Method to a single color gradient
> > or to add a user defined ColorScale method?
>
> if the color range you are after is contained in one of the existing
> color scales, you can just set the color scale data range so that
> only those colors are generated. so to turn RWB into a RW scale
> you would just need to double the upper value of the data range.

Hehe, okay, that's cheating ;-) But it should work.
Anyway, I would like to understand your second suggestion.

> second you can redefine the colors of one of the given scales.
> color scale BlkW {0.1 0.0 0.0} {0.4 0.0 0.0} {0.8 0.0 0.0}
> should do something along the lines of what you want.

No matter how I modify your command, all I get is (in the Tk-Console):
% color scale BlkW {0.1 0.0 0.0} {0.4 0.0 0.0} {0.8 0.0 0.0}
color scale [method|midpoint|min|max] <value>

But nothing changes.

And I don't understand the above command comparing it to the help:
http://www.csb.yale.edu/userguides/graphics/vmd/vmd_help.html#color

Playing around with those commands in the help didn't result in anything.
I feel some kind of stupid right now... :-(

Thanks for your help
Kind regards
Bjoern

--
Bjoern Olausson
Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg