From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2010 - 06:08:23 CDT

hi bjoern,

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 4:33 AM, Bjoern Olausson <namdlist_at_googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi VMD-Users,
>
> I misused the beta factor to represent the number of contacts two selections
> have over the simulation time.
>
> Instead of using a gradient which extends over three colors I would rather
> like one, which just uses a gradient over one color (light red to dark red for
> example).
>
> Is there a way to change the ColorScale Method to a single color gradient or
> to add a user defined ColorScale method?

if the color range you are after is contained in one of the existing
color scales, you can just set the color scale data range so that
only those colors are generated. so to turn RWB into a RW scale
you would just need to double the upper value of the data range.

second you can redefine the colors of one of the given scales.
color scale BlkW {0.1 0.0 0.0} {0.4 0.0 0.0} {0.8 0.0 0.0}
should do something along the lines of what you want.

cheers,
     axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer    akohlmey_at_gmail.com
http://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/