From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 12 2010 - 00:26:09 CST

Hi,
  Have you implemented VMD tracker subclass(es) for your 3-D tracker?
I would begin by doing that, otherwise you may be way off in
your coordinate system. If you have a tracker subclass implemented,
then you should be able to use the various "tool" modes in the
VMD tool menu to see the position of your tracker on the screen,
and to interact with button events etc. Once you have that sorted
out, you could implement other interactions beyond what's already there.
Without seeing the entirety of the code you've written, it is difficult
to judge what you're having trouble with. Unless VMD is actually drawing
the pointer for you via the normal class hierarchy, I cannot say
whether what you're seeing on the screen with your pointer
is even relevant as far as the pick calls go. If you can provide me
with the code you're working with, I can try and give you suggestions
for solving your problem as time allows.