From: Dipesh Bhattarai (dipesh.bhattarai_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 08 2010 - 10:57:03 CST

Hello all,

I am trying to select subset of the molecule using a 3D pointing device. The
device is tracked by Intersense IS-900 tracking system and is accessed
through VRPN. I am using VR Juggler to tie the VMD with the multiprojector
display and the device. I call app->pickList->pick_check() method to see if
there are any atoms near the current position of the 3D pointing device.
Even though the location of the cursor looks to be overlapping, the method
does not actually return anything. Sometime it seems to select something,
but the picked items does not actually correspond to the item near the
cursor position. I believe it is because the tracker position and VMD use
different coordinate systems.

How do I transform the 3D cursor position so that it correspond to the
coordinate system VMD use? I would appreciate any pointer to the solution.

Thanks,
Dipesh

--
Dipesh Bhattarai, PhD