From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 15:30:39 CDT

Dear Joe,
  Yes, there was a bug in VMD itself which was causing Thomas' script
to eat memory as it ran. Justin found and fixed this bug in the current
source tree, and I hope to have new test binaries with this fix in them
available shortly... I'll let you know when they are posted so you can
try them as well.

Thanks,