From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 10:04:44 CDT

Jill,
  There was a bug in VMD 1.8 that we have since fixed which caused problems
when people tried to save state files to directory/paths that contained
spaces in the file names. If you save your states to c:\temp or something
similarly harmless, it will work fine. There's a new save_state script
that I sent to VMD-L a few months ago that fixes this problem. It should
still be in the VMD-L mailing list archive. To load the saved state file
you can use the 'load state' menu item or "play file.vmd" in the console
window.

You mentioned getting that error message with the 2 PDB files, what are
you doing when you see that error message?

We have a new version of VMD that you are welcome to test out if you like.

Thanks,