From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 09:52:53 CDT

Hi,
  We haven't compiled VMD on Solaris 2.6 for quite a few years.
I'd strongly recommend that you consider upgrading to Solaris 8
if possible. In any case, if you wish to compile on 2.6 anyway,
you'll probably have to disable the PTHREADS option. Also, you
need to use the "bleeding edge" version of Tachyon in order to use
the LIBTACHYON option, which I've got posted here:
  ftp://ftp.ks.uiuc.edu/pub/group/johns/tachyon03072003.tar.gz

You won't be able to take librt.* from a Solaris 7 box, that will
cause you runtime problems like you already saw below. If you actually
want the binary to run on 2.6, then you'll have to compile 100% of it
on a 2.6 box.

Let us know if you need more help.

Thanks,