From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 15 2009 - 10:20:28 CDT

On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 09:21 +0200, Víctor wrote:
> Thanks Axel.

victor,

> What I really want is to do this kind of "fixing" ( just getting some
> kind of more relaxed structure, because i'm working an iterative
> modelling algorithm).

VMD is not a modeling tool and thus is completely indifferent to
whatever coordinates you feed it. it doesn't do any changes to
coordinates unless you program them (via script).

> I've tried wit minimization fixing CA or N atoms with NAMD, but as
> they need also the psf files I need to process them. As the structure
> is somewhat chaotic in some points, psfgen tries to patch it where
> there is no need (for me) and it creates too many segments when I just

as of recent beta versions of VMD there is an alternate way to build
connectivity (i.e. what you need to write a .psf file). if you know
exactly which bonds you need and which angles, dihedrals, etc. or
if you have a template .psf file which just needs some modifications
then you could try using the topotools plugin for that. let me know
if you need help.

cheers,
   axel.