From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 10 2009 - 10:44:13 CDT

Stefano,
  Ah, that explains everything. You won't be able to run the new
version on your old Redhat 9 installation however. In order to run
on a machine that old, you will have to compile VMD from source code.
Let us know if you need help with that.
I'd actually strongly recommend that you consider upgrading your
operating system however...