From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 10 2009 - 09:43:20 CDT

Ondrej

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 02:54:05PM +0200, Ondrej Marsalek wrote:
[...]

Do you have a volumetric trajectory file format of some kind?

> John, am I reading it right that direct support for volumetric data
> animation (and "unloading") is not coming any time soon? If it was
> close, there would be no point in working on my current code.

It won't be in this version of VMD (1.8.7) but it could be added
to the next version if there's enough interest. The major issue up
to this point is a lack of a standard volumetric trajectory file format.
It sounds like Rob has such a file format however, so he may be an ideal
early user of such a feature. What file format are you reading from for
your work?