From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 10 2009 - 09:49:59 CDT

Stefano,
  What platform are you running on, and which beta VMD 1.8.7 beta 5
binary did you install? There definitely _is_ a NewCartoon representation,
but if you do not see it in the menu, that may indicate some problem with
incompatibility of the VMD binary and your C/C++ standard libraries.
If you can provide more information that will be very helpful.