From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 31 2009 - 12:21:00 CDT

Goutham,
  You can't just extract the tar file and run the code without
actually installing it, that's why you're getting the errors you
mention below. You need to install it somewhere, though you can
install it in any directory you like, including /tmp. Once it is
installed correctly, the startup errors you were getting will go away.
See the top of the 'configure' script to see how to override the default
installation target directories.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/%7Ejohns/><