From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2009 - 15:17:44 CST

Tom,
  My suggestion would be to try building the complete structure using
psfgen, presumably you could add the extra bonds from your special CONECT
records using a script. You could even do it in VMD itself for that matter,
using the "getbonds" and "setbonds" atom selection subcommands in some
combination with creative scripting.