From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2009 - 15:24:34 CST

Hi,
  Yes, though it is done in a very different way. You would do this using
the Graphics->Tools menu, rather than via the mouse menu. The interface
for 3-D wands/pointers/haptic devices is all found within that menu and
has various small differences versus how things are done for the mouse.
This is described in more detail in the VMD User's Guide.