From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2009 - 17:31:19 CST

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009, John Stone wrote:

hi,

please note that on top of that, this distribution also
contains readline support for the text mode console (not tkcon!)
and filename and (static) command completion through rlwrap.

you can download the latest rlwrap sources from
http://utopia.knoware.nl/~hlub/uck/rlwrap/
but many distributions also have precompiled
rlwrap packages (which can be used to add readline
support to many text mode programs that are without).

unfortunately, the alpha distribution does not contain
the completion database file, which is attached here
and needs to be copied into /usr/local/lib/vmd or wherever
you set the defaultvmddir variable to in configure.

any feedback would be highly appreciated.

cheers,
   axel.