From: Seungho Choe (sec53+_at_pitt.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 05 2009 - 10:48:32 CST

Dear All,

I installed vmd 1.8.7 (beta version) in my system (Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 5, kernel version: 2.6.18-92.1.18.el5xen). There was no error
message during installation, but I found something strange that I can
not use options in "Extensions". The problem is that I can not type in ,
for example atom selection in "NAMDEnergy".
I also tried vmd 1.8.6, but it was the same. Does anyone have the same
experience ? I'm wondering whether this is a bug in vmd, or it is just
a problem in redhat5 installation.

Someone told me that the xen kernel could be the problem, so I deleted
the xen and use the default kernel, but I still have this error. Any
comments would be welcome. Thank you in advance.

Best,
Seungho