From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2008 - 15:57:08 CDT

Hi,
  The RCNE messages are part of internal debugging code in
Tcl/Tk, and can be ignored.

Did you execute the NAMD job within the correct subdirectory
of the unpacked tutorial files tree? If not, that would explain
the error message you're getting from NAMD. Also, I assume you're
using the correct version of NAMD along with the tutorial?

If you look at the contents of the tutorial files, you'll see
that they use relative path names:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/namd/namd-tutorial-files/1-2-sphere/ubq_ws_eq.conf

As a result of the relative path names, one must keep the directory
structure intact.