From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 28 2008 - 13:15:18 CDT

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008, studier_at_life.illinois.edu wrote:

JS> Hi -
JS>
JS> We have tried to install VMD on a solaris 9 system both from

solaris 9 is over five years old.

JS> the compiled and source versions. It keeps asking for
JS>
JS> "libm.so.2" . It won't work with "libm.so.1". I think it's possible
JS>
JS> that "libm.so.2" is only available with Solaris 10.
JS>
JS> What can we do?

if you compile from source code, you should not get any errors
about missing shared libraries (unless your installation is
totally messed up). the _only_ way to install VMD on an operating
system that is not supported by a binary compile, is to compile
from sources.

perhaps if you provide us with more details about what you did,
we can determine, where your compilation went wrong.

cheers,
   axel.