From: Alejandro Ortega (morza05_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2008 - 14:43:14 CDT

Hello everyone,
First of all, I'm e-mailing this to VMD and NAMD communities because i think
this problem may affect both of them.

Well, the thing is that creating a simulation requires a lot of TXT edition,
at least in my personal case. I stay hours and hours editing TXT files (The
*.params, *.PDB, *.PSF, etc.,) and i think that sometimes it is not
necessary to do all this job. As a reference, i know how to use the
"replace" command in notepad, wordpad does not have too many extra options,
and excel works as well, but it is harder to use, is almost the same work
than in wordpad or notepad.

I've been thinking in creating one, it is not a great deal, it just requires
basic knowledge of programming in visual basic or C++, but i am running out
of time and i really need to edit high amounts of text.

In brief, my question is: does someone know a program that is specialized in
editing TXT files? or does someone has made a program specialized for this
issue?
Also, if someone knows a better way to edit large amounts of text please let
me know.

Thank you!
Cheers,
Alejandro Ortega.