From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2008 - 22:45:15 CDT

Hi,
  If the seg fault only occurs with Chromium, I would guess that
the Chromium library has some bugs that are being triggered by
VMD's extension loader or GLSL code. What happens if you set
this environment variable:
  setenv VMDSIMPLEGRAPHICS 1

Does it still seg fault? The early revs of Chromium and WireGL had
lots of problems with vertex arrays, which VMD makes significant use of
for high performance rendering.

Cheers,
  John