From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2007 - 12:49:29 CST

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007, aneesh cna wrote:

AC> hi Peter,
AC> Thank you for kind reply.Actually I want to calculate the surface
AC> hydrophobicity of a protein.

aneesh,

i don't think this is helping much.
could you please explain you mean by
"calculate the surface hydrophobicity"?

i.e.:
do you want to visualize which part of
the surface is hydrophobic?
or:
do you want to get some parameter showing
what fraction of the surface is hydrophobic?
or:
do you want to compute some "total hydrophobicity"
of your protein? in this case, you'd have to
specify, how you want to measure it.

can you give us an example, a program, or a paper
that does already what you want to do?

cheers,
   axel.