From: Ignacio Fernández Galván (jellby_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2007 - 06:28:02 CDT

--- Adrian Roitberg <adrian_at_qtp.ufl.edu> wrote:

> The Journal Proteins:SFB requires figures in TIF format, CMYK color
> scheme.
>
> Does anyone know how to do this from vmd, besides writing a povray or
> similar file, creating a tiff, reading into pjotoshop and changing to
> CMYK ?

I'm facing the exact same problem for the exact same journal (although
there is the same requirement for other journals). This is what I think
I'll be doing:

- Render with Tachyon Internal.
- Convert .tga to .pnm (convert plot.tga plot.pnm)
- Convert to CMYK tiff (pnmtotiffcmyk -lzw plot.pnm > plot.tif)

The resulting .tif is not displayed fine with "display", but it is with
the Gimp (even though it does not fully support CMYK). The conversion
with tiff2pdf also seems to work fine.

Hope it helps.
Ignacio

now.